Thursday, December 3, 2009

L4D, FTW

In between trying to figure out why my daughter hates me (what follows is based on true events:
ME: Ruby?
RLJ: No!
ME: "No!", what?
RLJ: No, Daddy!
ME: You don't want me to talk to you?
RLJ: No...Want mommy!
ME: (sigh) Mommy's at work.
RLJ: (crying) Want mommmmyyyy....!
etc., etc., etc.,....)
and wondering why Euclid won't lay on her new dog bed (with cedar shavings!), I've taken some time off from the 'sphere to invest some much needed time in myself (and be haunted by Tommy). Staying up late, hanging with friends, drinking copious amounts of adult beverages, killing zombies, etc. Hmmm? Yes, that's right, killing zombies. You know, it was only a matter of time. I'm not too far gone though, so don't worry. This is still stupid to me. And I still miserably fail the geek quiz. But I am trying to decide whether to run podzilla or rockbox on my ipod mini. And my quest for more power has nothing to do with adding an aftermarket exhaust and intake. I've recently become a more than willing member of the online gaming community. For a self-described misanthrope (funny story: I once told my therapist I was a misogynist. good times, good times) this world fits me perfectly: A) I don't have to worry about meeting at a place that I don't really care for, C) I can leave and not have to worry about hurt feelings (although L4D does tell you that you'll be letting your friends down when you choose to exit a game), D) I'm pretty much guaranteed to get some common courtesy while playing a co-op fps and C) Everybody, mostly, likes me; although I still don't know why somebody wanted to kick me out of that one game. So, after 16 years of being stuck in "Ohio's armpit," I finally have found a place for myself. In the middle of a zombie 'pocalypse fighting for survival. And now, back to buying my daughter stuff so she'll like me again.


No comments:

Post a Comment