Wednesday, December 30, 2009

She Was Putting Her Foot In It

Daughter got too much stuff for Christmas this year. She, in effect, had two Christmases. One at home with my wife and me and one in PIT, at my parents house. Technically, since my parents pretty much bought everything, I guess you could just say it was one huge-mongous Christmas. So big that it could not be contained by just one state. Yeah. Christmas morning was in Collinwood and my daughter spent the whole time, about four hours or so, playing in her new kitchen. This was fine by me as it kept her busy. Unbeknownest to me though, my daughter was also learning. I was washing dishes while my daughter was in the living room "cooking." All of a sudden I hear the pitter-patter of little feet. And it wasn't a gnome. Even though, from what I understand, this has been a particularly bad year for them. No, it was my daughter and she had something for me:
Cheese on a plate. Eventually the cheese on a plate grew into something more. A full-blown sampler of deliciousness:

Hell, even the dog got into the action (even though it was a salt shaker):
That was when I realized that something truly remarkable had happened. Even though she is only two and will hopefully have this Christmas eclipsed by many more, my daughter was having the time of her life. Kids mostly just get frustrated and tantrum up when they can't express to you how they feel. But when they can express it, expect to get a glimpse of Heaven. I'm sure it's needless to say it but I got everything I could ever want for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment