Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanks for Thinking Mine is a Clean and Well Lighted Place

If you read this blog regularly, and who doesn't, you may have noticed the little box in the lower left that had been labeled "Technorati Authority." If you didn't notice that box don't bother looking for it now, it's gone. I'm no expert on anything but the authority box was a way to show the world how many people thought I was good at blogging about barely being able to raise a kid. For most of my blog career that little number was firmly stuck on "0." That was cool, in a Cobain sort of way. Then a few days ago I noticed the box link was broken. I went to Technorati.com and apparently they had made something better. In other words they fixed their site. I then checked out my Techno profile and lo and behold, I had authority. That's right, somebody in this world of 6,692,030,277 thinks that I am good at raising a kid. And writing about said kid-related adventures. And other stuff, like my barely updated memento mori project. I realize now that I want more. More authority. More people thinking that I do a good job. While "0" authority is Cobain cool, "1" and (hopefully) rising is Ratatouille awesome! So, in order to express my sincere gratitude here are a couple of free tips for whoever decided to trust me: 1) When preparing a spaghetti sauce that needs a little thickness, toss in about 1/3 cup of finely shredded carrrots. The carrot has a mystical power (just ask the were-rabbit) and will make your sauce thicker than Mrs Woods' bank account. And 2) If said spaghetti sauce turns out to be as salty as Hemingway's drawers, peel and quarter a white potato or two and drop them in the sauce. The potatoes will transmorgify and activate the "Power of Idaho" aka Denise Austin and will soak up most of the sodium. Then take the potatoes out and eat them. They'rrre Grrreat! Again, to whomever (probably my sister) Thanks! and remember "Raise 'em High!"

No comments:

Post a Comment