Saturday, May 22, 2010

Floyd? Floyd, Please? You're Embarrassing Yourself.

There are a few things about competitive cycling that stink. First, from what I've heard, the smell of The Tour de France peloton near the ends of each stage; Second, saddle sores; Third, doping. And now you can officially add one more thing to that list: Floyd Landis. Without getting into a rant about how Landis was a punk from day one and that there was no way in hell that a guy with a degenerative hip disorder could have won a Tour without something in his blood stream, Landis has taken it upon himself to bitch and moan about Lance Armstrong; going so far as to say that Armstrong was doping during his Tour wins. Ass. I'm no Lance fanboy but that shit's just ridiculous. If Landis had been sober during Armstrong's Tour streak he would have noticed that the French hated Lance. Cycling fans, media, Tour organizers, all had it in for Armstrong. As a consequence, Armstrong's blood was drawn so many times he could have given himself a transfusion. I'll admit, I've backed the wrong horse (really, he's training other cyclists now?) before but the attitude of "I'm taking a lot of people down with me" is just too much from Landis. Hey Floyd, why don't you take your Robo-Hip and your "prescriptions" back to your family farm and live out your days in obscurity like I'm doing after my "brilliant" cycling career?

No comments:

Post a Comment