Sunday, May 16, 2010

Who's on Parade

Daughter has recently become a connoisseur of a select few movies. Namely: Cinderella, Ratatouille, The Little Mermaid and Horton Hears a Who. She has seen each of these movies so many times that she knows the words and will sing along to the songs. Before you blame wife and I of shirking our parental duties, daughter also knows the words to each of her three Maisy books, both of her Little Wombat books and I Know a Rhino. But this post is about movies so, think bad thoughts if you must. Recently, brought about through the numerous viewings of Horton... I have noticed a peculiar and troubling thing: I think the Who's are ants! I guess that isn't so troubling in and of itself actually, because who doesn't love ants? I know I do! No, what troubles me about the Who's being ants is that I think they may be born into their stations in life. Why does that trouble me, you ask? 'Cause, like ants, the Who's being born into their stations means that they are born with the stuff they need to do their jobs. By stuff I mean their clothes! Slash Fur! Yeah, that's right, the Who's are nekkid! If you look very closely....NO! You don't see their junk! Pay attention! Ahem...If you look very closely you can kinda sorta maybe at times see that the Who clothes is fur. If you say "pshaw" well, ask yourself this: Why do you think none of them wear pants? Why would the folks who made the Who movie bother putting shirts on the Whos and not give them pants (it's true, you cannot be arrested for it but you might get a disorderly charge)? 'Cause the Who's ain't wearin' shirts! They're just covered in shirt-like fur! So the Who's are naked! No wonder the mayor's such a "busy" man!

No comments:

Post a Comment