Monday, January 18, 2010

And Then Butter Said, "I'm on a Roll...A Roll!"

I remember when I was younger. At least people tell me I do. Truthfully, I can't even remember Christmas too well. But, one thing I do remember about being young-ish was how long everything took. Car trips, stupid cartoons, dinner. Everything took forever. Then I got old. And now I'm all of a sudden really old. 'Cause time speeds up; it's been proven. And since time never mattered to me, at least until I decided to make resolutions, it seems as if it's moving faster than ever. I've pretty much thrown 'pacing' out the window is what I'm saying. My vacation time is submitted (mid June) and I've reserved a room (it's the Jay because I love my cousin) for the night before and the night after and now I'm starting to plan seriously for camping. Woo-hoo! I think. I think because I've looked at a calendar and I realize that June is very close in spite of it only being January now. Close because I don't own a tent. Or a sleeping bag, sleeping pad, bear canister (at least it's not a Sasquatch canister), bear spray, stuff sacks, water purifier or maps. I do know that it's a nine hour drive to Keene Valley. I don't know what I'm going to eat for three days in the woods. Did I mention I've never camped outside of a backyard before? So I'll probably be adding a PLB to my shopping list. So, in light of all of my foolishness I'm making yet another pitch/plug. Give me money. Please. I've lowered the cost of my Kindle book to .99 cents so you can click on the new PayPal link I added to the lower left and donate the .50 cents I saved you to Chuck's Folly or Hey, That Guy That Got Eaten By A Bear/Sasquatch/Locals, I Read His Blog. I know you probably want to know, "What's in it for me?" right? Well, you can tell all your friends that you helped some old guy you don't know fulfill his dream of camping. Or you can be a total jerk, not give me any money and let me die unhappy. It's your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment