Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Land of the Midnights Suck

I'm smack dab in the middle of a two week stretch(13 days) of midnights now so, as is my wont, I am shut down. I sleep from 9 am until about 4 pm, wake up and shower, give bubble bath time fun, eat, space out and then go to work. I would be sleeping now but the call of Assassin's Creed(for PC) was just too strong. All road personnel, including sergeants, must do eight weeks of midnights per year. With more seniority comes the ability to pick the exact weeks you want. I've got nine years in and for the last week have been the senior Dude on the road, excluding the sergeant. This means that for this period of time I should be starting close to home, right? No. My commute to work went from nine minutes to forty. My commute home went from nine minutes to an hour. To top it all off mother-frackin' NE Ohio has decided to snow during the morning rush hour. Super fun times, number one! Funny story; the on-duty sergeant does the midnight scheduling and at three this morning asked me, "What are you doing working out of your region?" About to strangle you, that's what.

No comments:

Post a Comment