Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Can't Think of a Good "Loaner" or "CD" Title

Just recently I had to take my car in for service. My new car, not the old lemon "rump-shaker," and as I drove around in the dealer loaner-you know the one, with the "Courtesy of..." and the window stickers-I came to a realization that surprised me, considering I drive for a living now: I would totally drive a loaner for a living. Yeah, let me show up at a dealership around eleven thirty in the morning, jump in a loaner with all the stickers and I'll cruise. Like a rolling billboard. Head to a Phoenix for a cup-a-joe, catch a matinee, hit up Tommy's. Just basically drive around and let the dealer's car be seen. 'Course I'll need fifty grand a year and full benefits, but the advertising for the dealer is probably worth way more than that. They're getting a great deal, IMHO. And while I'm on the subject of loaners. I'm obsessed with checking the CD player in a loaner as soon as I get in it, even before I adjust my mirrors. No "safety first" for me. Funny thing is, I've only found a CD once. In just about 16 years of driving. And the music was cRap. That doesn't stop me from getting my hopes up, and getting my dreams crushed. I guess I'm just romantic like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment