Monday, July 27, 2009

WOW!

My therapist has been telling me to stop thinking Cleveland sucks and start thinking Cleveland plus! No. No, she hasn't. I just made that up to help get me through. You know, "One Day at a Time" and all that. But I have been trying to see the city in a different light. I've realized that it's still a nasty, stinking hole but I have noticed things that are going on. My newest "discovery" has been Wade Oval Wednesdays. Nothing super fancy involved, just some good local music in a mini Blossom atmosphere. It's relatively dog friendly and definitely kid friendly (just watch where you step, on both counts). Plus, with the recent notoriety University Circle has gotten, the police have stepped up their game. So, you're probably safer here than anywhere in Cleveland, on a wednesday, between six and nine pm. I've got to work this wednesday so I'll miss out on the Latin jazz but make no mistake, I'm all about the Yiddishe klezmer so I'll see you August 5th!

No comments:

Post a Comment