Friday, April 10, 2009

NOLA State of Mind

I'm long overdue for a Daddy Tip; I even had one prepped that contained mentions of doo-juice and pretzels. But then I got nostalgic and ended up with a better idea. Every year for the past five I'd go to New Orleans for Easter. Cafe au lait and beignets at Cafe du Monde. Ceviche fish tacos and a Purple Haze at Lucy's. The Algier's ferry. Random sightings of Jesus in the French Quarter. Then my parents moved to Pittsburgh. But I have a love jones for the Crescent City so I search for anything related on the webs. Earlier this week I found Make It Right NOLA and decided to make a pitch. I know I'm not the most popular blogger out there but if you are reading this please, pass along Make it Right. Brad Pitt has donated five million dollars and started this organization in order to rebuild the Lower 9th Ward with sustainable low-cost housing. Even if you don't like his acting, you can't fault him for doing something. You can give as little as five dollars or as much as you want; Join a team or start your own. If you need to get more than just a fuzzy feeling for doing the right thing, buy a t-shirt or two. If you don't like the Make It Right shirts or Brad Pitt, Save Nola Now. All proceeds go to the organizations and are tax deductible. Four years later, New Orleans still looks like Katrina hit last week. Regardless of who you want to blame please, don't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment