Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm Lovin' It

Everyday my daughter grows a little more. And everyday she finds a new way to put her mark on the world(yesterday it was by pooping on her ride-a-long and the carpet). I've found for the most part these are enjoyable excursions into the Land of Dad because some of the most mundane and banal of my daughter's activities are almost bringing tears to my eyes everyday. Because she gets dropped off at day care at the butt-crack of dawn and she'll get breakfast there, my wife and I have taken to giving our daughter a snack for the drive. So, everyday, I get to do something that up until now I've only heard people talk about: I get to pick up stray snacks from the car. It's weird that you think you know everything about your kid...and then you open the door and there's a cracker in the armrest. This has truly become my favorite part of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment