Wednesday, June 17, 2009

On the Daddy Tip #9

Remember Mr Bubble? Every kid wanted some, including me, but my mom made me use dish soap. Yes, ma, I still remember. Thanks. Now that I'm older and have a kid, I understand where she was coming from. Yesterday, I tried to impress my daughter with some snazzy bubble making. It was a success, until the bath was over. I went to pick up my kid and bam!, she slipped out of my arms, hit her head and knocked herself out, stone cold! No, I'm kidding, that didn't happen, yet. What did happen was that it was a pain in the arse to rinse her off. Too much bubbles and they wouldn't go down the drain. Imagine trying to keep a twenty month-old from eating a bathtub full of bubbles with one hand, as you work the faucet with another, rinse with yet another and make sure there are no slips with your last. It's tough. Just ask Qymaen jai Sheelal. So, in order to avoid visits from child services and pesky rebels, read my blog, pay heed to my tips and don't give bubble baths to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment