Thursday, October 23, 2008

In the Beginning...

A long time ago(6 months), I got fed up with parenting and more specifically "proper" parenting, being a one person job, namely that of The Mother. I'll admit I do things wrong in the parenting game but a win's a win, right. So what if I use one bottle all day every day, that makes for a healthy immune system. And not using Desitin with every diaper change saves money, right? All I'm saying is, my daughter's as healthy as any baby and I've never given one thought to what to expect in the first year. Playing it by ear is my right as a dad and I've decided to take a stand.
So that's what this here blog is for: Dads. All the lifesavers out there who have dropped their kids from great heights and have been able to get their hearts beating again before mom got home; Every English major who's explained away a bee sting or a snake bite as just a boo-boo; For the virtuous, who have had to repeatedly either turn the channel back to football, turn the TV back on or even just turn the volume back up or down; And to my brothers who have made the ultimate sacrifice and converted the Man Cave into the nursery, this blog is for you!
So, Father's, put the baby down so you can open a beer, raise your arms high and give yourselves a pat on the back cause you deserve a fair shake.
Stay tuned as I chronicle my journey from self-proclaimed man to full -fledged father. As soon as I can get the cat off the baby's face I'll be back to take those first revolutionary steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment